Please find below policy wording updates and responses from various insurers WRS Insurance Brokers places business with.
Updates include (but not limited to) extended covers and adjusted unoccupancy conditions for property.
Please expand the section when you locate the insurer named on your policy.Â
WRS Insurance Brokers Contact Details
WRS Insurance Brokers Ltd are here to speak with you if you have any questions.
We are working remotely however our usual telephone number is being answered (01206 760780). We’ve written a short post detailing our contact email addresses in our COVID-19 WRS Update.
Cover during difficult times (Updated)
In light of the changing situation and the most recent government advice about the outbreak of COVID-19, we have reviewed our position to ensure we can continue to help and support you at this difficult time and to provide you with some additional advice and support.
As more and more employees are working from home, and no longer at the insured buildings, you may be concerned that the policy will regard your buildings as unoccupied, untenanted, empty or disused and your cover then restricted.
For an initial period up to and including the 31st August 2020 (extended from 30th June), we will withhold the:
- restrictive policy cover for unoccupancy, and
- policy General Condition that requires you to inform us of the buildings being, or expected to be, unoccupied
should your employees be forced to work from home as a result of the COVID-19 outbreak.
However, if your building is no longer occupied this represents a greater risk of significant damage which could delay your organisation getting back up and running, once the current COVID-19 outbreak has passed.
With this in mind we would advise, where you are able to do so safely and within the current government guidelines, you try to ensure that:
- the buildings are inspected internally and externally by an authorised person once a week to check the security and general condition of the premises;
- all waste, refuse and other disused combustible materials is cleared from the buildings and any grounds adjacent to it;
- all external doors are securely locked and all opening windows closed and locked (where fitted with locking devices);
- all tanks and pipes are drained down where and when you are able to do this, and all taps, stopcocks and mains supply valves turned off. If this is not possible, because you need to maintain a central heating system, a minimum temperature of 7Â°C should be maintained.
- a) gas supplies should be switched off unless to maintain a central heating system
- b) electricity supplies should be switched off unless to maintain a central heating system or existing intruder alarm systems, fire protection systems, CCTV, security lighting or sprinkler systems.
- all existing physical devices for securing, or preventing access to the buildings must be kept in full and effective operation at all times and to have all keys removed from the locks and kept in a secure place away from the premises;
We recognise that you may not be able to complete all of the items listed above, either partially or in their entirety but we would encourage you to consider anything you can do, to reduce the risk of damage or loss, particularly through escaping water from heating systems and security of the premises generally. Your cooperation during this difficult time is very much appreciated.
All other policy terms, conditions and exceptions are unchanged.
We will review these changes towards the end of June.
We hope that this provides the reassurance you need. If this is not enough to meet the current crisis, or if you are unsure in any way, then speak to your Business Development Manager or one of our underwriters to discuss further.
Arson Prevention Forum – www.stoparsonuk.org
The selection and use of electronic security systems in empty buildings – www.riscauthority.co.uk
Risk Control. Arson Prevention. The Protection of Premises from Deliberate Fire Raising – www.riscauthority.co.uk
HM Government COVID-19 Advice – www.gov.uk/coronavirus
Risk advice line
(provided by Ecclesiastical professionals or external specialists)
Phone: 0345 600 7531
Email: [email protected]
Risk specialists are on hand to advise you on a range of topics, including:
- property protection, security, business continuity planning
- health and safety, food safety, environmental management
- construction safety, fire safety, occupational health, water safety or asbestos.
Available Monday to Friday 9am â€“ 5pm (excluding public and bank holidays).
Updates to your Temporary Cover Enhancements (April 2020) – for properties temporarily closed due to COVID-19
02 April 2020
In light of current uncertainty caused by the outbreak of COVID-19 we understand that there will inevitably be an impact on your insurance needs.
COVID-19 Temporary Cover Enhancements to your policy
- There will be no additional premiums for these enhancements
- These enhancements will automatically apply until 30/6/20.
- We will review the position again prior to 1/6/20 and will extend for a further period if we deem appropriate
- These enhancements will be applied via this Letter of Intent and will apply as if endorsed onto each policy
Employees working from home
- ÂŁ2500 any one item
- A maximum of ÂŁ5000 any one employees home.
Liability – health and safety
Premises that are temporarily closed solely due to the COVID-19 outbreak
- were unoccupied before the outbreak or
- that close down permanently
- Unoccupied premises cover restrictions will not apply to Temporarily Closed premises
- Temporarily Closed premises will benefit from
- no reduction in the level of policy cover
- no increase in excesses
- no increases in premium
- Provided the Insured complies with the following which details appropriate risk management practices (and is less stringent than the unoccupied premises condition)
Temporarily Closed Premises Condition
- critical business infrastructure required to allow the continuance of the organisations operations and support temporary home working arrangements
- intruder alarms
- fire alarms
- sprinkler installations
- other fire suppression security or other risk protection systems or devices
- sprinkler installations
- fire suppression systems
- locks and all other protective and security devices including gates and other perimeter security protection at the premises
Outstanding Risk Improvements, periodic conditions & maintenance conditions
- the expiry of the current outbreak or
- the availability of contractors or
- the date the temporary cover enhancement expire